Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mobile

It's time to lend attention to the mobile I tried to make for Adelle. Here it is:


Why did it seem like such a good idea in my head? It feels scraggly and thin. At first I thought (and Rhyan agreed) that it just needed more ribbon. But that is a slippery slope, and pretty soon you find you've spent $35 on ribbon alone. Given the investment, I don't want to just scrap the idea. But I've already come up with other things I could do that would look better. I suppose I'd eventually use up all the ribbon for other stuff, right? Packages, cards, wrapped around goodies, hair...oh yeah. I'd use them for sure. But I don't want to give up on it. Any suggestions? Or should I pursue other avenues?

The new idea I'm favoring is to have flags around the circumference. Flags like this:

Or maybe makes some felt animals like this:

What say you? What say you??

1 comment:

  1. The image on your baby room pinboard I commented on is perhaps a good example of how the mobile could be 'thickened' up- you could sew the felt animals to hang off from it, cut out pretty paper samples to hang as well, and they even seemed to have pretty little crochet diamonds hanging down as well.

    ReplyDelete