Friday, November 2, 2012

My Projects Lately

I tend to create projects faster than I can finish them. Here is what is going on in my life right now!

I have 3 art students now (I lost 2 a couple months ago when they moved). I hope to get more soon!

I'm organizing my own cookbook. I looked at a couple sites that help you and print it for you. But their formats were just awful and took it upon myself to do the whole thing. I'm using InDesign, which I love! It'll take awhile, because I have over 100 recipes to input. And this way, I can print it out on sheets and put them in a binder. I can more easily add recipes over time! Here's a preview:


I'm looking for a good food quote to put on the black line. A work in progress, and a lot of fun!

I made some posters for Katie's school in Texas.

I made a discovery bag that Delley isn't terribly interested in yet, but it keeps me and Rhyan distracted in church!
I have some assignment cards I will print and laminate. Delley can use a dry erase to cross things off. I'm working on a picture card because written words are fairly useless to Delley right now.

I made some presents for Amy to give to friends.


Book binding is so very satisfying!
And, not lastly (because I have other stuff I'm doing that's just in the planning stages and not visual yet), but most importantly, I'm developing a series of 9 large oil paintings that will embody the muses as sunsets. My good friend Chanel (http://chanelstory.blogspot.com) wrote some lines on that subject. The moment I read her poems, I knew it was what I was waiting for as a way to grasp my yearning to paint the sky. I'll develop some sketches of all 9 first, then I'll paint mini color studies, and finally move on to the large ones. I'm thinking 24"x36". I plan on being done in 4 years. Wherever Rhyan and I settle more permanently, I'll look at putting them in a gallery.


On my TO DO list still:
-make a new business card
-set up an etsy shop
-cover some white keds with a sharpy design to market my skillz on etsy
-sew the pieces of Delley's unfinished teepee together
-develop a logo for a college student organization called 'Culture of Care.' (I'm just waiting for them to sign my contract)

That's it....for now....dun dun dun..

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy woman! I am very impressed with your goals and your ambition. You are so talented, Keri.

    ReplyDelete