Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quiet Book

When I get in the mood to sew, it's really in the form of a binge. I just want to get all the pieces that have been piling up put together and out of my To-Do pile. Anyways, a friend of mine showed me a quiet book she was working on. Paired with Adelle's restlessness at church, I was doubly motivated to make one of my own. I wanted 10 pages eventually but lost stamina after 5. This is what I have so far:
I covered a binder with fabric using hot glue.
You button the flowers/trees and hang clothes on the line.

I had a lot of fun making the clothes for this doll.

 Erm, to be honest this page might have been more trouble than it was worth, but she'll enjoy a good abacus in a couple years, right?

I think felt people might inevitably be creepy, but the button eyes certainly don't help! (I'm laughing, don't worry!)

 This was supposed to be just a happy family scene with a playground, but it became so much better when I eyed a scrap of monster fabric in my bag. It happens to be Adelle's favorite page. She likes that the monsters can peek out the window. <3

Well, that's it for now folks, but I hope to have 5 more pages done eventually that might actually be Sunday worthy ;) Like unto the ones seen below.


No comments:

Post a Comment